Friday, April 02, 2010



Unto the end, a psalm for David, in an ecstasy.

In you, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be confounded: deliver me in your justice. 3 Bow down your ear to me: make haste to deliver me. Be unto me a God, a protector, and a house of refuge, to save me. 4 For you are my strength and my refuge; and for your name's sake you will lead me, and nourish me. 5 You will bring me out of this snare, which they have hidden for me: for you are my protector. 6 Into your hands I commend my spirit: you have redeemed me, O Lord, the God of truth. 7 You have hated them that regard vanities, to no purpose. But I have hoped in the Lord: 8 I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy. For you have regarded my humility, you have saved my soul out of distresses. 9 And you have not shut me up in the hands of the enemy: you have set my feet in a spacious place. 10 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am afflicted: my eye is troubled with wrath, my soul, and my belly: 11 For my life is wasted with grief: and my years in sighs. My strength is weakened through poverty and my bones are disturbed. 12 I have become a reproach among all my enemies, and very much to my neighbours; and a fear to my acquaintance. They that saw me without fled from me. 13 I am forgotten as one dead from the heart. I have become as a vessel that is destroyed. 14 For I have heard the blame of many that dwell round about. While they assembled together against me, they consulted to take away my life. 15 But I have put my trust in you, O Lord: I said: You are my God. 16 My lots are in your hands. Deliver me out of the hands of my enemies; and from them that persecute me. 17 Make your face to shine upon your servant; save me in your mercy. 18 Let me not be confounded, O Lord, for I have called upon you. Let the wicked be ashamed, and be brought down to hell. 19 Let deceitful lips be made dumb. Which speak iniquity against the just, with pride and abuse. 20 O how great is the multitude of your sweetness, O Lord, which you have hidden for them that fear you! Which you have wrought for them that hope in you, in the sight of the sons of men. 21 You shall hide them in the secret of your face, from the disturbance of men. You shall protect them in your tabernacle from the contradiction of tongues. 22 Blessed be the Lord, for he has shown his wonderful mercy to me in a fortified city. 23 But I said in the excess of my mind: I am cast away from before your eyes. Therefore you have heard the voice of my prayer, when I cried to you. 24 O love the Lord, all you his saints: for the Lord will require truth, and will repay them abundantly that act proudly. 25 Do manfully, and let your heart be strengthened, all you that hope in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. in the excess of my mind: I am cast away from before your eyes, Therefore you have heard the voice of my prayer, when I cried to you

    ReplyDelete